Saturday, 25 September 2010

Sunday, 12 September 2010

Screen Testing Of Motke Lal.

And Show Time!!!

 Taaa Daaa!

Motke Lal become conscious, stop staring.

He is back again…

  With a smile…

Tuesday, 17 August 2010

Motke Lal's Body Sculpting

Similar to the head, the body of Motke Lal was first sculpted in clay then mould was taken and cast.

Sculpting the shoes and hands of Motke Lal.

Necessary precautions were taken while casting so that quality of the cast is not compromised.

Remaining This And That

After the cast is obtained, some final touch ups.

Monday, 2 August 2010

Creating The Body Of Motke Lal

After completing the head we started working on the armature again. Now the challenge was to create the body features and the costume to complement the character.

Now comes stitching the pant and shirt of Motke Lal

We thank Mr. Mujeeb for helping Tabassum in stitching the costumes of Motke Lal.

Final Touch

Sunday, 25 July 2010

Painting Of The Puppet's Head

Painting the head of the character is one of the final stages of completing the head. We used air brush to obtain a smooth texture.

Thursday, 22 July 2010

Molding Casting Of The Head

After sculpting of the head its mold was taken and was cast in resin.

We made the expression replacements for Motke Lal's face, to make it seem more life like.

Tuesday, 20 July 2010

Making Of The Motke Lal's Head.

After all the planning. The execution of the plan began with the sculpting the head of Motke Lal. The head was sculpted with clay with a lot of patience.

Corrections were made according to the required features and facial characteristics of Motke Lal.

Thursday, 15 July 2010

Motke Lal

The success of the wood cutter gave us a confidence boost. We wanted to take step forward. Unlike our first project, this time we had an actual character and had clear ideas about how the character interacts his environment, his behavior, body language etc.

We sketched Motke Lal of the height of 13 inches (approx). It was the size that we were comfortable handling at that time.

As soon the sketch was finalized. The work on the armature started. We decided to make it a ball armature and planned its jigs.

Tuesday, 25 May 2010

The wood cutter

Our first venture in stop-motion animation was with an experiment. The name of the project was “The Wood Cutter”

As it was our very first project, it had only one character. The wood cutter was a wire armature over which jute rope was coiled.

The set was created with paper and basic lighting was used.

When we looked at the first shot, we were delighted to see the dramatic effects we were able to obtain with simple materials.


Hope you enjoy the clip too.